The top 2 reasons I hear for why people don’t use Twitter are:
- I don’t get it.
- I don’t care what people are doing, and I don’t want people to know what I’m doing.
I can understand the first reason, but it’s the second reason I take issue with. If you are the person who tells me you don’t care what other people are doing, and you also don’t want people to know what you’re doing, then you need to stop texting me everything you’re doing throughout the day!
- Stop texting me that you had the best burrito ever.
- Stop texting me that you found a great deal on shoes at Payless.
- Stop texting me how tired you are because you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Stop texting me to tell me you’re going to bed now.
- Stop texting me what your mom/dad/brother/sister just said to you.
- Stop texting me asking what I’m doing.
These are all the sort of things Twitter was made for. You bash on the service, yet you do it on a smaller scale by individually texting all your friends the same message. Knock it off, and start Twittering!